Why Blog?

How do you promote your website and your blog? Do you have any tips, hints or pointers others can benefit from? Share your thoughts and pick up on others here at IMA's community.

Why Blog?

Postby vida_llevares » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:20 am

If you already have a website, why do you still need a blog?
vida_llevares

Re: Why Blog?

Postby kvande97 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Because blogging can be really fun. :D
kvande97

Postby Hardison » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:12 am

Blogging can help you establish your credibility or authority in a certain industry. Providing valuable and informative content makes you a resource and positions you to be top of mind when a potential client is looking for your services and products.

Consistently blogging helps your blog increase in the search engines too. So, someone searching for the type of product and service you provide will find your blog.
"Talking ain't doing." --Zoe Washburne from Serenity
Hardison

Postby kvande97 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:29 am

Hardison wrote:Blogging can help you establish your credibility or authority in a certain industry. Providing valuable and informative content makes you a resource and positions you to be top of mind when a potential client is looking for your services and products.

Consistently blogging helps your blog increase in the search engines too. So, someone searching for the type of product and service you provide will find your blog.

I've read many of your other posts. You seem to really know a lot about this kind of stuff. I am glad you are here to contribute and help me and everyone else learn some things. Thanks!
kvande97

Postby save27 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:04 pm

I blog because blogging can be really fun, especially when you get active visitors to your site. Also, since soccer is my niche in blogging, I hope to inspire young people who are hoping to become professional soccer players to follow their dream.

Plus, even though this can be really hard to do, it is possible to make money blogging.
save27

Postby bakerpat » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:32 pm

I understand Blogging is to get people interested in what you have to say or your opinion about a subject. My questions is how do you decide what to Blog about, are you looking for a niche that you want to make money in, one that you are not really that interested in but can make money from or do you only look at subjects that you like?
bakerpat

Postby JessiFox » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:26 pm

I think that, on top of being fun and interesting oftentimes, blogging also helps lend credibility to your opinion/presence. If you are consistent and engaging, you can get a pretty active following and this will help all around.
JessiFox

Postby Jessi » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:59 am

A website tends to be static. You have set information in set places and that's that.

A blog, however, is ongoing. It constantly brings new content. You could potentially use it to share updates and progress about your site/business/company/project/whatever....or you could use it to really reach out to your viewers and be more personal.
Jessi

Postby vida_llevares » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Hardison wrote:Blogging can help you establish your credibility or authority in a certain industry. Providing valuable and informative content makes you a resource and positions you to be top of mind when a potential client is looking for your services and products.

Thank you for your enlightening response. I am really learning a lot.
vida_llevares

Postby BrittanyX3 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:06 am

Good answer. Blogging is pretty helpful for people to find out about you site.
BrittanyX3

Next

Return to Website and Blog Marketing