What happen to Facebook fan page?

Tweet this, Like that, Share this and Plus that...Do you know why social media is so powerful, and why so many businesses and website owners want to go with it...Find out

What happen to Facebook fan page?

Postby Vash » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:08 am

So I have this Facebook fan page setup for my forum a while ago. I paid Facebook for "likes". I have more than 800 fans on the page. Back in the spring 2012, for every post I make, there would be at least 10~15% of the fans saw the post (although it was much lower than I expected, it was better than what's happening now).

For the last one month, for every post I updated, I get maybe "2 fans saw this". 2 fans out of 800+? Isn't that ridiculous? What really happened? Did Facebook make fan page posts no longer appear in the news feed of all the fans?

I feel being ripped off for the advertising money I paid Facebook. Now I am not getting any results when I update the fan page wall posts.
Vash

Re: What happen to Facebook fan page?

Postby deansaliba » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:30 pm

I have noticed this on my two fan pages as well, I always put it down to the time in the day that I publish on the pages. I'm sure someone with much more knowledge of this than me can come and clear up our question.
deansaliba

Postby TABL » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:10 pm

That sucks! I don't have a page like that, but I do notice that I don't see a lot of the pages that I like come up on my feed.
You have to pay for likes now??
The One, The Only!
TABL

Postby Hardison » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:12 pm

The Facebook "likes" are probably not real people interested in your page. It really is best to take the time to build up your page naturally. It will take time, but it will be worth it in the long run.

Join some popular groups and Fan Pages and be an active participant. Some people will look at your page and may like your page. Do you have a blog or webpage? Put up a link to your Facebook page. Talk about your page on Twitter.
"Talking ain't doing." --Zoe Washburne from Serenity
Hardison

Postby Vash » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:50 am

@ TABL,
Nope, "likes" for fan pages on Facebook is free if you don't want to pay. However, if you want to get tons of "likes" for your fan page you will need some kind of promotion, such as paid ads on Facebook. People will still join your fan page by "like" it for free. The paid ads on Facebook just make your fan page expose to more people because it will show up in the ads on people's ad section.

What I was talking about = the exposure of fan page has somehow dropped dramatically to the ALREADY registered fans.

@ Hardison,
Nope, we are not talking about how to get fans for a fan page in this thread.
The topic of this thread is about why all the sudden the amount of ALREADY joined fans see your fan page wall posts had dropped significantly. It makes fan pages almost worthless now regardless how many thousands or tens thousands of fans you already have.
Vash

Postby Waynefire » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:24 pm

I do not have this issue with the page that I am running. However, I used only real accounts and the likes come from my own group of friends. I did not pay for the likes, I have read that when you do this and Facebook catches on it will limit the exposure of your page by bouncing the fraud accounts. I used to have several accounts, but one of them got the bounce because Facebook ruled it as a SPAM account because I posted a link to a Squidoo lens in reply to a question someone asked me!
Waynefire

Postby deansaliba » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:34 pm

I wonder what the best time to post would be? I'm sure someone has done a test on this.
deansaliba

Postby thesony » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:17 pm

I think facebook is doing some type of update now for advertisers, products etc.(which have something to do with fanpages) so i dont know if that is what is affecting you. anyways that sucks.
thesony

Postby tommymac » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:36 pm

Vash wrote:For the last one month, for every post I updated, I get maybe "2 fans saw this". 2 fans out of 800+? Isn't that ridiculous? What really happened? Did Facebook make fan page posts no longer appear in the news feed of all the fans?

I'd say that either your likes weren't gotten from people who truly like your page, or your past postings caused people to boot you off their news feed. I highly doubt Facebook is hiding your posts.
tommymac

Postby BarryV » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:47 am

Knowing the popularity of Facebook, it’s commonplace to create a fan page for any community or website launch. This provides an outlet for your fans to get together in one place to share ideas, photos, questions, and reviews. This type of marketing works in any corporate or personal situation, thus it’s perfect for businesses and events.
BarryV

Next

Return to Social Media Marketing