Thoughts on Google ads?

The Internet Marketing world is constantly changing. Stay up to date with the latest trends and keep engaged with internet marketing related topics from our community.

Thoughts on Google ads?

Postby Smackz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:04 pm

What do you think of Google Ads? Do they advertise well? Is it worth paying for?
Smackz

Re: Thoughts on Google ads?

Postby save27 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:34 pm

I have received two coupons for google adwords before and never used them. I personally think it's not worth it, as I usually don't click on sponsored ads when browsing the web!
save27

Postby Smackz » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:27 am

Interesting viewpoint. I initially was surprised upon reading your comment. I thought the complete opposite of it. Thanks for the comment!
Smackz

Postby IMUofCanada » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:56 am

save27 wrote:I have received two coupons for google adwords before and never used them. I personally think it's not worth it, as I usually don't click on sponsored ads when browsing the web!

I think you are at the right place if you say that "The Internet Marketing Academy". The reason being that Google Adwords is very effective that you have business owners put their entire marketing budgets towards it and see large profits.

You should try to get some education and training on the search marketing methods such as using ppc through adwords and you should see the difference from what you say, and what it truly is.

Good luck
Internet Marketing Certification and Training Courses
http://www.eulergroup.com
IMUofCanada

Postby crossunitedfate » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:23 am

They advertise decently enough. For example, if you have a banner you'd like advertised for your site that's about music, they make a point to show the ad in like minded sites. Barring any publishers didn't block it of course.

And as for Adwords, used correctly, that can be a juggernaut in itself.
crossunitedfate

Postby Hardison » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:16 am

Google Adwords is one of the fastest way to drive traffic to your website. I usually don't click on the ads either, but there are tons of people that do. It's best to run two ads to test which ad attracts the best visitors. Also setting a daily limit will help you control your budget.
"Talking ain't doing." --Zoe Washburne from Serenity
Hardison

Postby thesony » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Google ads are done well and of course they are worth the money. I have got to say they are really appealing sometimes.
thesony

Postby Meeko28 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:40 pm

The only thing I have tried to so far with Google Ads is with a website called Triond, but I'm very sad to say since I been using this website with Google ads I only made about twenty eight cents posting ads for fifteen days or so. The pay rate is very low.
Meeko28

Postby stiflex » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:07 pm

I'm actually really loving what are they doing with the "Google ad targeting", not only that It will save up money, for the advertisers, but it will actually show ads that, that specific user is interested in.

A good example is, gaming. Why would a gamer be interested in clothes, and shopping? He would far more be interested in something gaming related..

Honestly, Google is a genius
stiflex

Postby blindwarrior » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:00 pm

AdWords usually isn't worth the time of day if it's integrated into a website. If it's integrated into search engine results however, than you might actually get some decent returns from it. I wound't dismiss it entirely, if it wasn't any good Google wouldn't be making 28bn $ from it annually, but I'd do some research on how to use it to it's full potential before committing to anything.
blindwarrior

Next

Return to Internet Marketing