Tagline or Slogan

How do you promote your website and your blog? Do you have any tips, hints or pointers others can benefit from? Share your thoughts and pick up on others here at IMA's community.

Tagline or Slogan

Postby Hardison » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Taglines and slogans are short phrases that describes your business or it's benefits. Do you have a tagline for your website or blog?

These are great tools to help you develop a tagline:
rhymezone.com
moreword.com
"Talking ain't doing." --Zoe Washburne from Serenity
Hardison

Re: Tagline or Slogan

Postby Barry.Lejieg » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:12 pm

When it comes to branding, a slogan is definitely important. Actually along with the Logo and the Name of your company, it's one of the most important things.
My website's slogan or tag line, I don't know where does this falls, it's simply "Simplicity!". I believe it's really simple, which it's the message I try to send to the people.
Barry.Lejieg

Postby Jessi » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:16 am

The first one is a good resource if you're trying to come up with something catchy that rhymes. It might give you new ideas.

I'm not sure what the purpose of linking to the second one is, though...
Jessi

Postby pia13 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:55 pm

Tagline and slogans are powerful tools in branding. It tells people what your company is and what it offers. It says a lot of things yet they are made up of few words or sometimes it's just a word. These are simple but easily remembered. I always wanted to be a copywriter since it takes a lot of creativity to show with just few words all the things that you want to express as part of the marketing campaign. :D
pia13

Postby Hardison » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Jessi wrote:The first one is a good resource if you're trying to come up with something catchy that rhymes. It might give you new ideas.

I'm not sure what the purpose of linking to the second one is, though...

I use the second link like a thesaurus and to find catch phrases. I also use it to find interesting words for domain names. I suppose I wasn't exactly clear. LOL!
"Talking ain't doing." --Zoe Washburne from Serenity
Hardison

Postby MyDigitalpoint » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:33 am

Yes, I always try to get a tagline or slogan associated to any project, product or service that I set up.

I know they are excellent branding option, but I have also found that slogans, taglines or merely a motto are useful to develop a successful online identity, as they serve people to associate the slogan with what you are offering, being a sort of promotional perk for one's business.
This signature is under construction
MyDigitalpoint

Postby etc » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:47 am

I never have a slogan for my website though. Its jsut that I started with nothing and still have most of it lol. Maybe I will try later. I just have to think of something that rhymes better. Don't you think people will judge your site once they saw a banner with the slogan thats no attractive or seomthing and that they won't click the banner instead?
etc

Postby BigBIgFan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:56 am

I've just decided to avoid worrying about tag lines in general, it's hard enough to just brand the domain name and do everything else you need to do.

When I hear visitors repeating something catchy about the sites I'll run with the idea.
Work: Texaco, Hobbies: Collecting diecast farm equipment, Travel: Everywhere!
BigBIgFan

Return to Website and Blog Marketing