Social Media Account to Promote Your Blog

How do you promote your website and your blog? Do you have any tips, hints or pointers others can benefit from? Share your thoughts and pick up on others here at IMA's community.

Social Media Account to Promote Your Blog

Postby vida_llevares » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Would you encourage making a social media account in the name of your blog for its promotion?
vida_llevares

Re: Social Media Account to Promote Your Blog

Postby inmoe » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:12 pm

Yes, definitely. You must have at least twitter just to see what's going on with your competition. That's also something that's great about twitter you can find your competitions followers and get them to follow you. At least you will be getting more exposure, which may turn into more traffic.
inmoe

Postby tommymac » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:21 am

Sure, why not? It's a great way to keep people updated on when you've made a new post.
tommymac

Postby 72gold72 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:17 am

I recommend it! It is a great way to let people know what going on and you can get a lot of new visitors which is really awesome! A lot of marketers use it because it is so popular.
72gold72

Postby crazycroc » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:39 am

I would say yes, but only if you have the time to update it regularly. Otherwise your followers will get bored and you won't be successful.
crazycroc

Postby Waynefire » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:19 am

I say yes if you have the time to keep up on the account. If you do not have the time to take the account and update it and gain a following then it is worthless!
Waynefire

Postby etc » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:54 am

vida_llevares wrote:Would you encourage making a social media account in the name of your blog for its promotion?

Why not. I have been promoting my website though social networking sites like facebook, linkedin, digg and the likes to simple improve baclinks and update followers. My youtube account is also named after my sites just so i can promote sites though videos and make visitors remember the sites url.
etc

Postby msloveitleaveit » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:05 pm

Absolutely! Social media is a great way to draw in more traffic to your blog! I am also fans of all of the companies and products I blog about, and share my reviews on their social media sites. I've gained a great deal of new traffic this way!
msloveitleaveit

Postby TABL » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:09 pm

Yes!! Because its so popular and gets tons of traffic! You should do everything you can to promote your blog!
The One, The Only!
TABL

Postby Prosper » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:39 am

Absoultely. That's how I get most of my traffic anyways. It's working really well for me.
Prosper

Next

Return to Website and Blog Marketing