Set up a local meet up

What is on your mind? Share with the IMA community anything and everything you may think of. Join discussions with board members and lets create lasting connections.

Set up a local meet up

Postby etc » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:21 pm

I will be trying to organize a meetup of local group in our town, they are also users in our site. I am wondering if anyone had tried this before and how did they organize it well. Did they raise funds before doing so or ask for sponsors?
etc

Re: Set up a local meet up

Postby Hardison » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:00 am

I have been considering doing this too. I have attended many meetups and it's great for networking. I would just charge a small fee for each meetup to cover the cost of the meetup itself. Getting sponsors sounds like a great idea, but it depends on your niche.
"Talking ain't doing." --Zoe Washburne from Serenity
Hardison

Postby etc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:50 am

Hardison wrote:I have been considering doing this too. I have attended many meetups and it's great for networking. I would just charge a small fee for each meetup to cover the cost of the meetup itself. Getting sponsors sounds like a great idea, but it depends on your niche.

YEs. sponsors should be a good just to have funds :D If you are into technology, how would you go about doing this?
etc

Postby Hardison » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:20 am

etc wrote:
Hardison wrote:I have been considering doing this too. I have attended many meetups and it's great for networking. I would just charge a small fee for each meetup to cover the cost of the meetup itself. Getting sponsors sounds like a great idea, but it depends on your niche.

YEs. sponsors should be a good just to have funds :D If you are into technology, how would you go about doing this?

If I was looking for sponsors, I would first reach out to people I know for potential sponsorships or for their connections. You need to show or explain how the sponsor would benefit.
"Talking ain't doing." --Zoe Washburne from Serenity
Hardison

Return to Everything Else