Metrics to Track

Enough with the Spam and lets do some real Email marketing. Learn the basics, share your ideas and connect the world by email together through learning.

Metrics to Track

Postby vida_llevares » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:00 pm

What are the crucial, critical and important email metrics that I should focus on tracking?
vida_llevares

Re: Metrics to Track

Postby tmgenterprises » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Opens, click-thrus and sales are the main considerations, in my opinion. Open rates are determined by a lot of factors but one of the most crucial factors is your subject line. Keep improving that and your open rates will naturally improve. Just having them open the email isn't going to make you any money, however. You also need to get them to click-thru to wherever it is that you want them to go. A lot of people recommend that your train your list to click-thru by always including a link, even if it's back to your blog or to a free offer. And of course, sales are the ultimate goal, whether of your own products or the affiliate products you may promote.
tmgenterprises

Postby krang » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:39 pm

You also need to know the number of fresh sign ups, as the people who sign up to your list are the ones most likely to buy something. After three months they are "mature" signups and are less likely to open email/click link/buy product.
krang

Postby BigBIgFan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:57 am

CTR and conversion are crucial with email marketing. The quality of your email list is reflected with the CTR, i.e. the number of people who take the time to open and read it, and the email content itself is measured by conversions, how many people did you convince? One to two percent is actually a good conversion rate here, five percent will make you rich.
Work: Texaco, Hobbies: Collecting diecast farm equipment, Travel: Everywhere!
BigBIgFan

Postby Jessi » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:00 pm

krang wrote:After three months they are "mature" signups and are less likely to open email/click link/buy product.

Hmm, I've never heard that before, but it does make sense.

Do you think that the same applies for newsletter in general? Are the older sign-ups more likely to ignore the newsletter or are they going to be the more loyal ones instead?
Jessi

Postby krang » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Jessi wrote:
krang wrote:After three months they are "mature" signups and are less likely to open email/click link/buy product.

Hmm, I've never heard that before, but it does make sense.

Do you think that the same applies for newsletter in general? Are the older sign-ups more likely to ignore the newsletter or are they going to be the more loyal ones instead?

I doubt it is the same with newsletters. If I sign up for one willingly, I want to read the content in them ;). But I have nothing to back the claim up with.
krang

Return to Email Marketing