Just got a tumblr.

Tweet this, Like that, Share this and Plus that...Do you know why social media is so powerful, and why so many businesses and website owners want to go with it...Find out

Just got a tumblr.

Postby BrittanyX3 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:37 am

Ok, so I just got a tumblr account. The thing is, I don't know how to get followers. I followed other people. I have some posts and pictures and things. What did you guys who use tumblr do to get followers?
BrittanyX3

Re: Just got a tumblr.

Postby tommymac » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:43 pm

I'd also like to know this. How do you guys generally work with Tumblr....do you just pick some kind of theme and post relevant media?
tommymac

Postby MoniqueSeibel » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:56 pm

Basically you are right. You can add your own images and reblog images from others, relating to whatever niche you want. Make sure you are tagging your picture with relevant keywords. In the beginning, you pretty much have to just follow and bunch of blogs to make your presence known.
MoniqueSeibel

Postby tommymac » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:26 pm

So, Monique

How long did it take you to get a respectable amount of traffic to your tumblr site?
tommymac

Postby BrittanyX3 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Thanks Monique! That's what I figured haha. And Tommy good questions. I'm also wondering the same thing. :)
BrittanyX3

Postby TABL » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:54 pm

Is tumblr like pinterest?
The One, The Only!
TABL

Postby tommymac » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:35 am

TABL wrote:Is tumblr like pinterest?

I would say that they are similar, yes.
tommymac

Postby ondonveple » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:15 pm

For starters I recommend to follow bunch of other users whether it be your friends or strangers. Then you will start to get a stream of photos on your dashboard and you can re-blog whatever you like. Overtime try to make a few friends by chatting with them through messages and then if you want followers just ask them to promote you. Most people will promote you if you ask nicely. This method will help you gain a lot of followers.
ondonveple

Postby MoniqueSeibel » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:42 pm

I've gotten around 500 followers over the past 3 weeks. I've largely done this by following a bunch of other tumblr pages. Since my tumblr blog is about making money online, I've noticed a real difference in the amount of referrals I've gotten from various websites. If you search make money online you'll come across my blog. I'll follow you back.
MoniqueSeibel

Return to Social Media Marketing