Internet Marketing Mistakes to Avoid

The Internet Marketing world is constantly changing. Stay up to date with the latest trends and keep engaged with internet marketing related topics from our community.

Internet Marketing Mistakes to Avoid

Postby minmin45 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:46 pm

I have 3 short tips for you especially my newcomer friends,

These're important Foundations in this industry and please try to understand it very well.

When you’re just starting off on the internet, you begin trying every method there is for marketing your business. Ideally, you start a business and you want customers to buy your products and services, and none of this can happen if they don’t even know you exist. So while marketing is very important, it is also important that you have the right approach or you could end up wasting your time and money on a business venture that will never succeed. Below are a few mistakes that you want to try to avoid as you learn your method for marketing your business:

Avoid pushing sales: While this may be shocking nine times out of ten your new customers will not make a purchase from your website the first time they visit. This is true even if your services are exactly what they need. In order for customers to begin making continual purchases from you, they’re going to have to get to know you, your brand, and what it’s all about. Therefore when using certain outlets like social media for instance, you should avoid constantly trying to get people to buy from you and just get to know them better in general.
Avoid being selfish and greedy. You want your customers to believe that the product or service that you’re trying to sell them is beneficial to them. When you become over aggressive in your sales approach and only posts the “sale, sale, sale” mentality, chances are customers are not going to want to buy. You’re going to have to do a bit of give and take to get them through the door. Consider offering prizes, incentives, and other creative ideas to let the customers know that this is beneficial on both ends.
Avoid not communicating enough. You cannot create an email list and only use it once, or start a social media page and only post once and expect to get customers. You’re going to have to try to make it your business to be involved on the routine basis. Since there are so many businesses out there, you could really get lost in your customer’s mind and therefore remaining relevant will always be important.

By avoiding the mistakes listed above you are sure to see more of a success and growth to your business. Be sure to constantly research and learn new ways to build upon your business for continued prosperity. :D
minmin45

Re: Internet Marketing Mistakes to Avoid

Postby deansaliba » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:58 pm

You have mentioned some very helpful tips there, I would also suggest not trying to sell anything and everything that you come across and then only sell things that you have either used or tested.
deansaliba

Postby Dill145 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:17 pm

Helpful, information. And yes good communication is worthwhile in the long run it builds trust with you and your customers.
Dill145

Postby etc » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:45 pm

Nice tips. It is important to think that the product you are selling are the solution to someones problem. So pushing sales to someone who don't need it isn't going to work. It may even hurt your reputation as a salesman or the company youre affiliated with.
etc

Postby Bloominternet » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:23 pm

Thanks for sharing these simple tips. I agree with what you explain, especially with the first point at which you make reference. Our customers should be comfortable and not feel the pressure of an impending sale. Many entrepreneurs let anxiety take over your business and in the long-term that becomes a stumbling block. We should think about building a thriving business, but the needs of our customers must be at the top of the list. We must strike a balance between the product or service that we want to sell and that our visitors / readers want to buy, making a strange combination of factors that generally lead to good results.
Bloominternet

Postby invisibled » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:23 pm

Sometimes having a successful mentor really helps. You can learn a whole lot from their experience and avoid the mistakes they made during the beginning of their journey.
Also, if you have used the products then you definitely know more about it. This information can help you determine your target audience, resulting in efficient promotion.
invisibled

Postby SamSelim » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:50 pm

Those are some really good points and to be quite honest, that is the sales approach that would have me buying your product. I get so put off by the "sales sales sales" mentality. When someone is just trying to shove their product down my throat to make a sale, it makes me lose interest faster than you can say "Ninja".

Thanks for the tips!
SamSelim

Postby Hardison » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:46 pm

There are some great tips in the OP.

I would add that it's best to focus on one thing at a time. Some people new to internet marketing jump from method to method without giving one method a chance to succeed.
"Talking ain't doing." --Zoe Washburne from Serenity
Hardison

Postby GulfWarVet71 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:13 pm

Thanks OP for those great tips. I too have followed those general rules in business. Communication is by far the best and probably the most important of them all. Without good communication skills, you are dead in the water. You can't sit back and think your idea(s) will take their course on their because that's simply not true. It will require hard work and perseverance on your part to get it going and to keep it going, whatever that might be. Thanks again!!
GulfWarVet71

Postby Barry.Lejieg » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:29 am

Really useful information. I usually try to be very communicative with my user base and it pays off very well. It's a thing that everyone should keep in mind. Thank you.
Barry.Lejieg

Next

Return to Internet Marketing