How to Stay Motivated

The Internet Marketing world is constantly changing. Stay up to date with the latest trends and keep engaged with internet marketing related topics from our community.

How to Stay Motivated

Postby catblue » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Most of us have a variety of projects and I wonder how everyone stays motivated and moving forward in their internet marketing ventures. I know, I have days when I would rather do anything than work on my blogs, write an article or even go online at all. This is especially true when the money coming in from these activities becomes scarce. Things do pick up, usually, but it is hard to stay motivated, at times.

So, what do you guys do to keep the momentum going?
catblue

Re: How to Stay Motivated

Postby IMUofCanada » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:25 pm

catblue wrote:Most of us have a variety of projects and I wonder how everyone stays motivated and moving forward in their internet marketing ventures. I know, I have days when I would rather do anything than work on my blogs, write an article or even go online at all. This is especially true when the money coming in from these activities becomes scarce. Things do pick up, usually, but it is hard to stay motivated, at times.

So, what do you guys do to keep the momentum going?

Hello,

I think it is very important to stay motivated. There are a few things guys in our office do to keep up.

1. Use your Calendar on your smart phone to remind you of what you need to do each day (AND DO IT)
2. Use tools such as Teambox.com or other project management tools to keep you going
3. Create a checklist on a white-board and check it off each time you complete it

What are some motivational things you do to keep going?
Internet Marketing Certification and Training Courses
http://www.eulergroup.com
IMUofCanada

Postby Hardison » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:34 pm

I wish I had an answer. Sometimes, I'm full of motivation and other times as I feel that I'm running on fumes. Most of the time, I just push through it. I try not to let my emotions run me.

I hope that someone can provide some great methods to stay motivated.
"Talking ain't doing." --Zoe Washburne from Serenity
Hardison

Postby Bloominternet » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:19 pm

The daily work is enough motivation to keep going. We should enjoy every little achievement and consider each day as a potential opportunity to achieve our goal. The short-term goals generates an interesting stimulus to keep us active. It is important to avoid frustration and learn from the little mistakes. The Internet world is very competitive, a challenge to test our patience. Each person has a different way to not stray from the path, the important thing is that you have to clear your target and enjoy the process to achieve it. :D
Bloominternet

Postby deansaliba » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:52 pm

Oh boy do I understand this. I suffer from bipolar so I think my bouts of lack of motivation occur more often. I haven't found a better solution than taking a nap, obviously that isn't for everyone.
deansaliba

Postby BigBIgFan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:19 am

Hey, if a good nap rejuvenates your creative juices then that's great.

I like to step away from the computer when I am not motivated, I find myself able to brainstorm better when I'm not staring at the screen and I really hate to force it when nothing is jumping to mind. When I feel forced what I write sounds forced and that's not a good thing.
Work: Texaco, Hobbies: Collecting diecast farm equipment, Travel: Everywhere!
BigBIgFan

Postby vida_llevares » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:52 am

First, I surround myself with people who are optimistic, encouraging and open-minded.

I also keep visual reminders of my goal.
vida_llevares

Postby catblue » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:08 pm

IMUofCanada wrote:Hello,

I think it is very important to stay motivated. There are a few things guys in our office do to keep up.

1. Use your Calendar on your smart phone to remind you of what you need to do each day (AND DO IT)
2. Use tools such as Teambox.com or other project management tools to keep you going
3. Create a checklist on a white-board and check it off each time you complete it

What are some motivational things you do to keep going?

I take breaks and work out, dance, listen to tango music and practice my tango walk. I like to draw or paint on real paper, not online. I play with my cats. Or, watch a movie with my boyfriend. These things seem to refresh me and usually, I get inspired to work and write again after such breaks. Maybe I am too driven at times.

It looks like bigbigfan's comment is a similar strategy to my own.
catblue

Postby catblue » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:16 pm

vida_llevares wrote:First, I surround myself with people who are optimistic, encouraging and open-minded.

I also keep visual reminders of my goal.

Well, working from home, there aren't many people around. My boyfriend is supportive but he isn't always around. My cats are encouraging, in their way! :lol:

I was thinking of creating some visual reminders. I've done this successfully with other endeavors, such as reminders to work out or eat right. How would you use this technique for writer's block or internet fatigue?
catblue

Postby shdws » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:50 pm

I keep my goals where I can see them every day. I put pictures of anything I dream of attaining around my work area, whether it's a vacation spot, accessory, charity, etc. This helps keep me focused on the prize and not the hustle.
shdws

Next

Return to Internet Marketing