How many breaks?

What is on your mind? Share with the IMA community anything and everything you may think of. Join discussions with board members and lets create lasting connections.

How many breaks?

Postby shdws » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:31 am

For those that work at home, how many breaks do you allow yourself throughout the day? Do you have a specific schedule? Lunch break? I work at my own pace, but I do allow myself a break to enjoy lunch, workout and just unwind. I break it up as needed.
shdws

Re: How many breaks?

Postby appleannie123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:49 am

Maybe I should allow myself a complete break. I am too busy trying to make a decent living online that I forget sometimes to slow down and that I am working. There have been days when I started working a 6 AM because I woke up and could not go back to sleep and worked almost up until midnight with very small breaks.
I take a quick shower, I eat in front of my computer. I drink coffee, soda, water in front of my computer. I forget it is work.
appleannie123

Postby JohnSword » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:54 am

I always make a list of the things I need to do on that particular day. Every time I strike off an item from that list, I'll give myself a 30-minute break just to let my mind wander for a bit. Naturally I'll take meal breaks as well. In the evenings I'll almost always go out for a run just to take my mind off work.
JohnSword

Postby shdws » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:44 am

appleannie123 wrote:Maybe I should allow myself a complete break. I am too busy trying to make a decent living online that I forget sometimes to slow down and that I am working. There have been days when I started working a 6 AM because I woke up and could not go back to sleep and worked almost up until midnight with very small breaks.
I take a quick shower, I eat in front of my computer. I drink coffee, soda, water in front of my computer. I forget it is work.

Now that's what I call dedication! When ever I'm feeling lazy, I'll remember your post. :)
shdws

Postby shdws » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:46 am

JohnSword wrote:I always make a list of the things I need to do on that particular day. Every time I strike off an item from that list, I'll give myself a 30-minute break just to let my mind wander for a bit. Naturally I'll take meal breaks as well. In the evenings I'll almost always go out for a run just to take my mind off work.

That actually sounds like a very good system. I will give this a try. I have been thinking of a way to distribute my breaks. What better way than a reward system?
shdws

Postby DarkRepulser » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:27 pm

Since I'm an individual internet marketer, I can take breaks whenever I want. :D
But in all honesty I usually go for a stretch after 3 hours on the computer... then I'll go back to work.
DarkRepulser

Postby thenextGeek » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:12 am

As for me, I take about a hundred breaks a day. No kidding :D I guess that's one of the reasons why I'm not being that productive as before. I keep on reading the news on my tablet app and I always track down NBA games because I run a betting game at my school. I may however focus on my internet marketing career once again when I get my break.
thenextGeek

Postby Joshd1990pl » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:09 am

Work smart, not intensely.

It is best to take a small break at least every 2 hours to stay working in peak conditions and to not get burned out.
Joshd1990pl

Postby DrRipley » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:27 am

I just work as much as I can then take breaks when I need it. That is the best part of working at home is that you don't need to follow any particular schedule, so why would I subject myself to a rigid one, right? I do try to keep some sort of structure, but mostly I just do whatever I want, as long as the work gets done.
DrRipley

Postby deansaliba » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:43 am

I suffer from ADHD which means I can not concentrate for long periods of time so I have to take regular breaks along the lines of every couple of hours. Nothing major, I will just go and make a drink or do the washing.
deansaliba

Return to Everything Else