Does Facebook Marketing Work?

Tweet this, Like that, Share this and Plus that...Do you know why social media is so powerful, and why so many businesses and website owners want to go with it...Find out

Does Facebook Marketing Work?

Postby Waynefire » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:21 am

I have always seen the Facebook advertising ads and am curious do these work or not? Some people claim to have great luck with the ads, but I am thinking it would be more of a way to get traffic to your site and not really convert.
Waynefire

Re: Does Facebook Marketing Work?

Postby etc » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:51 am

Its those fan page liked by thousands of fans that usually will work. so if possible gather fans and let them like your pages since this is as if they subscribed to the information you provide and will most likely will believe and buy products you'll promote.

The ways to get people to like and become fans surely is a challenge though.
etc

Postby tosaytheleast » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:06 pm

It does work to some and to others it just don't work. Actually it will depend on you. It actually depends on what are you marketing. Facebook is dominated by teenagers and young adult so if you are marketing something that would interest those age bracket mentioned, it might work for you.
tosaytheleast

Postby Bloominternet » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:45 pm

I believe that marketing on Facebook is one of the most reliable alternative in these times. The potential of this network hasn't yet been fully explored and future prospects are positive. Of course it's necessary to adapt business strategies so that users have to browse Facebook, but this is achieved with creativity and sense of reality. As with any marketing experience, there are successes and failures, but the effort is worth it.
Bloominternet

Postby tommymac » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:54 pm

With a few exceptions, I'd say it doesn't work. People go to Facebook to socialize, post memes and spout off on opinionated rants, not to look for products to purchase.
tommymac

Postby tommymac » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:03 am

I can see it work if you've got more of a "farmer" strategy than a "hunter" strategy. If you use Facebook to build personal relationships and send messages to people you're connected with, it could work.
tommymac

Postby angeldrb » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:52 am

I think it would only work with your FB contacts that you know personally. If you keep adding random strangers to your friends' list and sending them ads, they would just be irritated and consider these as spam. You'd also have to work on your personal relations skills because marketing isn't just posting an ad on your FB wall but also following up with a nice chat. :)
angeldrb

Postby tommymac » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:35 pm

angeldrb wrote:You'd also have to work on your personal relations skills because marketing isn't just posting an ad on your FB wall but also following up with a nice chat. :)

This is so true and is something people often forget when dealing with social media like Facebook. It's not about how many "likes" you have, rather, it's about how many people you're actually able to personally connect with. "Likes" will not translate into sales. Personal connections will.
tommymac

Postby machtm » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:47 pm

Facebook marketing is great. It's CPC is less than google's and you have an insane amount of targetting options. You can target competitors, geographically, age, hobbies, jobs, etc..

I've had some good success in converting facebook clicks to leads personally. It depends on what you are selling though really. Because your impressions are so high on facebook if you target a broad scope of people it's important to make sure the copywriting of your ad clearly defines what the prospect is going to be landing on... - just my two cents.
machtm

Postby TextVaries » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:03 pm

I think FB marketing works, but I just haven't gotten the hang of it yet.
TextVaries

Next

Return to Social Media Marketing