Do you advertise in webmaster forums?

The Internet Marketing world is constantly changing. Stay up to date with the latest trends and keep engaged with internet marketing related topics from our community.

Do you advertise in webmaster forums?

Postby limbo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Just wondering - does anyone here find it worthy to create promotional topics in webmaster forums, even though your forum doesn't belong to this niche?
limbo

Re: Do you advertise in webmaster forums?

Postby Hardison » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:55 am

No, I only advertise in websites or forums that match my niche. I might put a link in my signature for seo purposes. But I usually stick to sites that are within my niche. It's a better use of my time and I get a higher return on my investment.
"Talking ain't doing." --Zoe Washburne from Serenity
Hardison

Postby Jessi » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:03 am

Eh.

I think technically that if you own a site, then that makes you a webmaster...and therefore, you could potentially promote there without it being completely irrelevant.

I don't personally spend much time on this, though. There are soooo many webmaster sites out there and they all want to promote their own sites but don't often check out other people's sites.
Jessi

Postby mz_angie1987 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:30 am

No, I don't. Soon I will begin to because I've join several affiliate programs and I need to find other places to promote the products. It appears I only have teenagers that follow me on twitter and it's evident that they won't buy anything or join programs. So, forums are defintely something that I am considering.
mz_angie1987

Postby etc » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:25 am

Agree with Jessi. I do have a tech blog and I don't see any wrong advertising it in a webmaster forum. However, I might not advertise my travel website on my signature unless I will create a thread discussing about my travel site.

Webmaster forum are usually visited by people interested in somethign else other than webmaster thing, so if you can get traffic from it, then do it!
etc

Postby tommymac » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:29 pm

Well, what can it hurt if you do? I wouldn't use it as my primary means of soliciting traffic, but I don't see what harm can be caused by simply making a mention or two on a webmaster forum.
tommymac

Postby johnthomas1433 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:33 am

There are plenty of webmaster forums where we do have the option for promoting our websites. Plenty of admin forums does the same too. As I'm already in the webmaster niche, I can easily promote my website in such forums.
johnthomas1433

Postby Razrbackfan5 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:52 am

Half the people on webmaster forums sign up and just post their own link and leave and never come back. I remember when I had a webmaster forum lol definitely an over saturated niche
Razrbackfan5

Postby vida_llevares » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:00 pm

I could but I haven't yet. I don't think my market is the one who visits webmasters forum. Nevertheless, I am still up for it. As long as the forum is a match for your market, I don't think there would be any reason for you not to advertise.
vida_llevares

Postby Prosper » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:22 am

Sometimes. I don't like to register on a forum and then post it, since it will look I'm just a random advertiser. But if I'm a long time member, why not? People will see I'm serious about the case.
Prosper

Next

Return to Internet Marketing