Creating a Content Strategy

Content is what makes the web-world go round, so getting the right knowledge about article and content marketing down is what you need to succeed.

Creating a Content Strategy

Postby vida_llevares » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:32 am

Hi.

What do you understand about a content strategy? How do I create and develop one?
vida_llevares

Re: Creating a Content Strategy

Postby BigBIgFan » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:07 am

That would depend on what your goal is. Are you wanting to write for yourself in hopes of getting traffic? Are you wanting to market your articles on other sites to create awareness about your brand? Are you wanting to sell the articles? There are a lot of things you can do with an article.

My best advice, regardless of what you plan to do with them, is to write passionately about subjects you love and the rest will come naturally.
Work: Texaco, Hobbies: Collecting diecast farm equipment, Travel: Everywhere!
BigBIgFan

Postby krang » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:04 am

Your content strategy is simply checking out what competition that is ahead of you is doing (how they are writing), adding something of your own to that style and thus making it better.

Obviously you should write authentically. By this I mean you should understand at which level you are compared to the experts. You may just want to comment what they are doing, or even write industry level thought provoking posts.
krang

Postby Shell323 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:52 am

I agree with everyone who has already commented. It is so very important to write authentically. Some articles may call for fluff writing, but those won't really be the ones worth your time. Readers can tell when you are writing to be paid, it is the same as any other type of job. If a customer service representative is unhappy with their job they will treat customers badly. So if a writer is writing something that they have no interest in or know nothing about their reader will be able to tell.
Shell323

Postby etc » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:21 am

I have tried rewriting articles actually but I also added few things along with it since I also research about what I am trying to rewrite. The fact that the article is already interesting for people online, it should really grab attention from readers. My strategy is to make it more comprehensive to those not so technical users.
etc

Postby BrittanyX3 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:29 am

Is that just whenever you have a strategy as to how you are writing your content in general, or does that mean something more specific? I'm just not sure what it means.
BrittanyX3

Return to Article and Content Marketing