Best domain backorder option?

The Internet Marketing world is constantly changing. Stay up to date with the latest trends and keep engaged with internet marketing related topics from our community.

Best domain backorder option?

Postby Vash » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:43 am

Some people said that backorder companies like Snapnames, Pool are better than goDaddy Backorder in grabbing expiring domains.

However, what if the domain is still currently registered at Godaddy? Wouldn't backorder at Godaddy beats those other companies since Godaddy had not let it go?

Should I backorder with all of them or just use snapname and pool without using Godaddy backorder?
Because I am thinking that since the domain is registered at godaddy, if there is a backorder placed there, the others will not be able to get it, right?

I know godaddy is "bad" enough to place all backordered domain into auction even if you are the only one backordered it. So the chance of getting a domain by placing a backorder at godaddy is very low because you still have to win the auction.

Now i am thinking maybe I have a better chance at getting the domain by taking the chance (if) nobody has a backorder at godaddy. That way other companies might snap it for me, right? :D

I know this is confusing....please only answer if you know what I am talking about lol.
Vash

Re: Best domain backorder option?

Postby OhioTom76 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:11 pm

I'd like to know more about this too, because I have some domains that I don't plan on renewing but I would like to possibly sell them as premium names. Does anyone know how exactly to make a domain a premium domain name?
OhioTom76

Postby Vash » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:54 am

You have a completely different question, and it has nothing to do with backorder a domain. You should go ask your registar about this.
Vash

Postby TIEro » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:56 pm

Vash wrote:Should I backorder with all of them or just use snapname and pool without using Godaddy backorder?
Because I am thinking that since the domain is registered at godaddy, if there is a backorder placed there, the others will not be able to get it, right?

No. All domain names go through the same process or it'd be too easy to dominate - it doesn't matter where it's registered, everyone has the same chance of getting it.

Vash wrote:I know godaddy is "bad" enough to place all backordered domain into auction even if you are the only one backordered it.

Not in my experience. I just had one come through that I'd backordered a month or two ago, no auction, nothing - it just appeared in my domain list and I got a "we got your domain" email.

As I understand it (though I may be wrong), it comes down to how many people want it. If you're the only one, you'll get it no matter how you backorder it. If not, you'll end up in a bidding war - whether that's visible (GoDaddy) or invisible (higher price from broker).

In the end, they're much the same thing. I'd probably go for a broker if it was REALLY important, as they can win the bidding war before you even see it; otherwise, I'd just pop it on GoDaddy and not worry so much. :lol:
TIEro

Postby Vash » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:51 am

The different process you talk about is definitely due to different registrars.

I read it on Godaddy's expiration domain page, they said it quite clear that all expiring domain (from Goaddy) will go through an "expiring domain auction", before anyone who backordered it can have a chance to go at the "closed auction". So basically you will have to go through two auctions before getting it. Unless of course the domain is not registered with Godaddy.
Vash

Postby tanemikael07 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:03 pm

I have purchased a domain via SnapNames before and to what I have seen they kept their original registration date as well as backlinks and any PR they may have had. The one I got through them was originally registered in 2000 and I think it has kept me out of the sandbox.
tanemikael07

Return to Internet Marketing