Any input on how to design your own website?

What is on your mind? Share with the IMA community anything and everything you may think of. Join discussions with board members and lets create lasting connections.

Any input on how to design your own website?

Postby JMazique » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:11 am

I have my own website and I am totally lost on where to find information on how to build it properly. Does anyone have any info on how to build my website step by step? (preferably free info as I am just starting out and I don't have much money to invest) I am a newbie at internet marketing, but I would like to start promoting Clickbank products on my website to make money. Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!! :)
JMazique

Re: Any input on how to design your own website?

Postby Hardison » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:12 am

The W3Schools has great free tutorials on website development. I highly recommend that site.

Also, YouTube is a great resource. There are plenty of videos on all areas of web development.

Good luck.
"Talking ain't doing." --Zoe Washburne from Serenity
Hardison

Postby Jessi » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:59 pm

I would recommend starting with a template if you're really not sure how to design your site yourself. Then you can adjust things as you learn more. W3Schools is definitely a good resource for all the specifics.
Jessi

Postby krang » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:49 pm

I believe the easiest step would be to install your own Wordpress site. They are very easy to manage/develop via plugins.

Most hosting companies offer a one-click install for Wordpress, and they also offer tutorials on how to install WP, so it should be fairly easy.
krang

Postby inmoe » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:25 pm

When I started the way I learned was by going onto YouTube finding videos of affiliate markets and checking out what they had to say. My personal favourites where Frank Kern, Shoemoney and Viperchil. Do not just jump into affiliate marketing until you know at least a bit about it or you won't see the results you desire as quickly.
inmoe

Postby nhoelb2 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:22 pm

There are a lot of free platforms that you can use to build your own website. Most of them provides a tutorial on how to use their platform. I suggest using wordpress.org first, it is a good playground for beginners like you.
nhoelb2

Postby Zerth » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:47 pm

Use DreamWeaver, it's pretty good creating your own website. Or you could try going on www.tizag.com There's some great tutorials on there.
Howdy :D
Zerth

Postby Prosper » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:05 pm

You can find countless tutorials on YouTube. That's where I first started. Now, I don't even have any time to design, so I simply pay someone to do that for me.
Prosper

Postby appleannie123 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:01 pm

I use drag and drop software like the Serif Web Plus 6 to create my website. I would recommend going to Cnet and trying to find one that does not cost money. These have templates and everything you need to get started creating a website. I too know nothing about MySQL and databases. Do not get me started on trying to figure out the Adobe website creator. :lol:
appleannie123

Return to Everything Else